Parks & Recreation News
- Map of Alexander Park — 6/23/2013
- Alexander Park Map shows location of park shelters, softball diamonds, restrooms, Ice Arena, Rice Co. Fairgrounds, Aquatic Center, Bell Field, and Bruce Smith Field.
- CONCERTS IN THE PARK 2013 — 5/13/2013
- Concerts in the Parks 2013 Schedule here!
- Buckham Bulletin Spring 2013 — 5/10/2013
- Faribault Events & Activities - Spring 2013
- Racquetball Tournament Brackets — 4/24/2013
- Racquetball Winter League Tournament Brackets
- Park & Rec Social Media — 2/6/2013
- PARK & REC SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS:
For Facebook, search "Faribault Parks and Recreation".
For Park & Rec photos and videos, see YouTube & Flickr and search "Faribault Parks & Recreation"
- Buckham Bulletin Winter 2013 — 2/1/2013
- City of Faribault EVENTS & ACTIVITIES Winter 2013
- SLimDown Contest — 1/7/2013
- Get your SlimDown 2013 registration form and info here!
- SlimDown Contest — 12/28/2012
- Slimdown 2013 Info and Form here!
Use the form and sign up online at www.faribault.org/parks/onlineregistration.
- A Call from Santa Program — 11/26/2012
- Get the 2012 Santa Calling Form here! A free program for Kindergarteners and First Graders. Fill out the attached form and return to Park & Rec or email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Dec. 6.
- Park & Rec Pickleball — 10/9/2012
- Press Release to All Media - For Immediate Release
Park & Rec is Bringing Pickleball to Town!
This up-tempo sport is an entertaining mix of tennis, badminton, ping pong and racquetball. It’s fast-paced, easy to learn, great exercise, and lots of fun! No experience is necessary—all ages and skill levels are welcome! Instruction and equipment provided.
Fee: $2 (First visit free)
Drop in play begins 8-10am on Tuesdays and Thursdays. To kick off the program, a free instructional clinic presented by the MN Pickleball Association will happen on Tues. Oct. 30, 8-10am!
Contact Shane Wampler at 507-384-0519 for details on this exciting sport!
- Sakatah-Singing Hills Trail Brochure — 10/4/2012
- Get the Sakatah-Singing Hills Trail brochure here!
- Alexander Parks Map — 8/6/2012
- Find your way around North and South Alexander Parks in Faribault with this map.
- Summer Enrichment Programs — 6/29/2012
- Fall and winter enrichment programs for youth and adults. From art, science and writing classes, to ASL and computer classes, Park & Rec city enrichment has it all! Download the pdf!
- Art Classes for Kids — 6/5/2012
- Summer art classes for kids! Register online or at the community center.
- Youthlink Activities for Kids — 5/21/2012
- THE YOUTHLINK! ACTIVITIES FOR KIDS Summer_Children's_Activities_Camps_Leagues_Art_Classes
- Interpreter Request Form — 2/10/2012
- Please use this form to request interpreter services. Ten days notice is required.
- Wapacuta Disc Golf Course — 12/9/2011
- The Wapacuta Disc Golf Course in Faribault is 9 holes of varying lengths with trees, shrubbery and terrain changes offering plenty of hazards to avoid! Download the course brochure and score card here. Disc golf is a lot like traditional golf, except players use specially-made hard rubber flying discs instead of balls and clubs, and throw them for par at an above-ground target instead of a hole in the ground. The object of the game is to throw a golf disc into the target, a steel basket over which chains hang, in the fewest number of throws. The player begins by throwing from a designated tee area and continues toward the target, throwing each consecutive shot from the spot where the previous throw has landed.
Web Development by Livefront, a Minneapolis Web Design firm.