- Andy Bohlen — Chief of Police
Mission StatementThe Faribault Police Department strives to provide professional and impartial law enforcement services that meet the highest standards of ethics and law.
Chief's MessageWelcome to the Faribault Police Department web page. The Police Department protects human life and property by responding to emergency and nonemergency calls for service, enforces laws and ordinances, investigates crimes, apprehends criminals, provides proactive policing through education and crime prevention, and maintains order.
I recently accepted this position and quickly recognized I had joined an exceptional agency that is respected in law enforcement, takes pride in this community, and cares for those we serve. The men and women that work for the Faribault Police Department are committed to providing a quality service to the citizens of this city by working with residents and businesses to maintain a safe community. Through these partnerships, we urge all citizens to be alert for suspicious or unusual activity and any time you need police, fire, or medical assistance, call 9-1-1.
As your chief, I will make certain that we continue to provide impartial policing services, are responsive to the needs of our residents, respectful and honest with those we serve, and foster valuable partnerships that increase our service abilities. With fiscal responsibility, we will also be dedicated to improve services through progressive programs, effective training, and better technology.
Finally, I will guarantee that we are accountable as public servants, operate with integrity and open honest communication, work to ensure the ongoing safety of our community, seek justice for those that we are entrusted to protect, ensure that the quality of living remains high in Faribault, and commit to being tough on crime.
Please take the time to review the information on the Police Department’s web pages and the City website as well. To reach the Police Department, you may call us at (507) 334-4305 or contact me directly if I can ever be of assistance to you or your family.
- The Point After — 5/16/2013
- The Point After (PDF)
- Sign up For Alerts — 2/14/2013
- The Everbridge system provides city officials with the ability to provide pre-recorded emergency telephone notification/information messages to targeted areas or the entire city. Residents and businesses located within the city limits are encouraged to sign up for Everbridge to be sure they receive timely emergency notifications when alerts are issued. Click To sign up for Emergeny Information Notification
- Crime Stoppers of Minnesota — 5/24/2011
- The Faribault Police Department as joined Crime Stoppers of Minnesota. Crime Stoppers provides an alternative to silence, and an option to direct contact with law enforcement to report crime information. This has proven very effective, as the Department of Justice reports that less than half of crimes committed are reported to authorities. Our tools for providing information protects people and helps victims! We rely on public awareness and local support from communities so that we can provide coordination with law enforcement and highlight cases in the media. Crime Stoppers may be contacted by calling 800-222-8477 (TIPS) or online at Crime Stoppers of Minnesota