Community Development staff also provide support for the following:
- Faribault Housing and Redevelopment Authority
- Minnesota Urban and Rural Homesteading (MURL) Advisory Board
Attention Home Buyers and Renters
What is the Fair Housing Act?The Fair Housing Act prohibits discrimination in housing because of race or color, national origin, religion, sex, familial status (including children under the age of 18 living with parents or legal custodians; pregnant women and people securing custody of children under 18), or handicap or disability.
What is Prohibited under the Fair Housing Act?No one may take any of the following actions based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, familial status or handicap:
- Refuse to rent housing
- Refuse to negotiate for housing
- Make housing unavailable
- Set different terms, conditions or privileges for rental of a dwelling
- Provide different housing services of facilities
- Falsely deny that housing is available for inspection or rental
For more information, please contact the Community Development Department for a copy of "Fair Housing: It’s Your Right" or "Landlords and Tenants: Rights and Responsibilities," or visit Hud's Web site.